I’ve been wanting to write down all of the cute/funny stuff Ashton is doing and saying lately, and that time is now. I want to remember it, and if I wait any longer I will forget. He is 2 years and 3 months, and time is flying!
Yesterday we went trick-or-treating, and it was so much fun. It’s really the first year that Ashton has been able to participate and be aware (a little) of what’s going on. He wore the same costume as last year, and it just barely fit.
He would go up to houses, knock on doors, say a jumbled “trick-or-treat” and say thank you at every house. He was so polite! He also wanted to either go inside or stay with the people on every front porch, especially if they had a dog. It was really the cutest thing to watch.
A couple weeks ago we were down in Florida visiting family and here are some things that Ashton said and did down there:
- He had NO FEAR of the ocean. By the end it was a struggle to get him to leave the water.
- We were near Daytona Beach and it was “Biketober Fest.” There were so many motorcycles, and Ashton started calling them “mycles” (pronounced like the name Michael). Two syllables are much easier than four 🙂
- He called our Aunt Anne “Onie,” and loved throwing shells into the ocean with her.
- He got to meet his Aunt Jan, and asked about her everyday for a while.
- He met his Nana and Grandad’s dog (he and Gemma both loved her).
- Hotel was called “tell.”
Other things he’s saying:
- “Bulls” for vegetables. Which he loves now, especially peas.
- He used to say “key” for Mickey, but this week he actually started to say it correctly, and he was so proud of himself.
- He calls Aunt Lori “WahhhhWeeeee” and asks about her pretty much all day long.
- When Dada is gone, he says “Dada airport!” And he tells anyone who will listen (i.e. the random older couple we passed on our walk today).
- He pronounces cars “Cah-eees.”
- Trash day is an exciting day for him, he loves the truck. He yells “tash!”
- The other day he wanted to go into the garage to play with his cars, and he said “pweeeease” and had his hands in a prayer position. I don’t know where he picked that up!
- He’s been addicted to fries and whenever he sees Mcdonald’s he yells out “fwiiiiies!” But after eating way too many fries on vacation, we started telling him no fries. So now he won’t eat them, and anytime he sees them he says “no fwies.”
- He loves yogurt (especially the drinkable kind he can use a straw with) and calls it “ahtoot.”
- He knows my coffee mugs and k-cups I drink, and he points to it and says “fahfee.”
I know I am missing stuff, but I will keep adding to the lists. He pretty much doesn’t stop talking until he sleeps, so there’s a lot of material. I love watching him discover things, this age is SO MUCH FUN!