Wasn’t Ashton JUST BORN??
It’s so true what “they” say, “the days go by slow, but the years fly.” (or something like that) Some days seem like they go on and on and on and on…. But then bedtime comes, I go to sleep, wake up and all of a sudden my baby is a kid. A walking, talking, loving, kid.
Ashton is such a gentle giant. He is BIG for his age, and has been from the beginning. 99th percentile in height and 87th percentile in weight. Yowza! He was pretty happy to be at the doctor for his 2 year well visit.
We didn’t plan a huge “pinterest-y” party, but it did cover all the key interests Ashton has at the moment (Super Why, Elmo, family). ❤
The night before his birthday I set up the kitchen table for when he got up in the morning:
This made me get so excited for the holidays, Christmas will be SO MUCH FUN to celebrate with the kids this year.
He ate a little bit of icing, but I think the adults enjoyed the cake the most 🙂
Ashton was spoiled by all of the family in town. Toys, clothes, puzzles, and going for walks.
Here are a few tidbits about Ashton at age TWO:
- He loves letters and knows all of the letters (upper and lower case).
- He is less nervous around Gemma and genuinely likes her.
- He loves to hold our hand to go for walks.
- He loves going to church and playing in the nursery there. It is hard to get him to leave now.
- He loves McDonalds fries and strawberry milkshakes. (Dada spoils him with those)
- He sleeps 2-3 hours during the day and about 12 hours at night.
- He eats oatmeal almost every morning.
- He is very picky with food the rest of the day. Macaroni and cheese and ravioli are staples.
- He won’t eat meat.
- He loves to give and receive hugs.
- I can’t remember what life was like before him.
- Even though I can’t remember him as a baby, I can’t believe two years have passed.
We love you Ashton Levi!