I turned 37 years old on May 29th, so here are 37 random ramblings:
1. I don’t feel 37.
2. I don’t know what 37 is supposed to feel like.
3. My brother and sister-in-law get me the most awesome running shoes (that I walk in), and gifted me another new pair for my b-day.
4. My husband is pretty awesome. He drove 16 hours this past weekend to come home for my birthday.
5. I am now a morning person. The kids made me do it.
6. I LOVE coffee.
7. I love walking. It is so nice to be getting the miles in again after having Gemma.
8. I want to get back into yoga. Prenatal yoga was a big part of my pregnancy with Gemma, and it made me feel great. I want to continue to practice.
9. My ulcerative colitis has remained in remission, and I am so thankful for this.
10. For me, recovery from the c-section was much easier.
11. I’m consistently wearing shoe size 9.5 (I told you random).
12. I am a much more confident with my parenting the second time around.
13. I am much more confident in general now that I am a parent.
14. I am much more comfortable in my own skin than I ever have been. Only took 37 years…
15. I cherish my friendships. The “real” friendships are few, but strong. Those are the important ones.
16. I cherish my family (immediate and extended) more than I ever have. Family is the MOST important.
17. My hair is in the best shape in a LOOONG time. Just in time for it to start falling out (the big postpartum shed).
18. I have the iPhone 6+ and love it.
19. I read more now that I have the bigger phone.
20. I forgot how much I love reading.
21. I am excited that Ashton is finally getting interested in books and not just chewing on them.
22. It’s amazing how my mood/outlook on life differentiates with the amount of sleep I get.
23. I prefer cool weather over the heat.
24. I eat highly vegetarian, but not exclusively.
25. I love a really good burger. My current favorite is from Flip Side at Easton.
26. I don’t like houseplants. I don’t want the responsibility of watering them.
27. I would love a vegetable garden, but I don’t want to plant it. I just want to do the upkeep and harvesting.
28. I eat highly gluten free, and notice the difference when I over-indulge in gluten.
29. I love The Today Show, The Food Network and The Voice.
30. We watch Jeopardy and Wheel Of Fortune every week night, and over the weekends I actually look forward to Mondays when we will be able to watch them again.
31. I want to visit Italy, Australia and London (again).
32. It’s been three years since we got married in Vegas.
33. I love S’more flavored Luna bars, and eat one almost everyday.
34. Most of the time I prefer savory over sweet.
35. I prefer texting over phone calls. Mostly because it is hard to have a conversation on the phone with two littles.
36. I wonder what I did with all the free time I had before kids.
37. I wouldn’t trade having my kids for all the free time in the world.